AWC Berlin is participating in 2020’s “16 Days” campaign by posting stories on gender-based violence to inform and inspire action. Follow the series on our blog and social media and let us know what actions you’re taking.
Editor’s Note: The poem and image below speak to commonplace quality of domestic violence and the quiet desperation it engenders. Together they speak to the urgency of taking action, and we’ve included resources in the “Reach Out” and “Call to Action” sections below.
- In Berlin, contact to Frauenraum, which offers assistance to domestic violence survivors in multiple languages, including English.
- In Berlin, contact the Berliner Initiative Against Violence Against Women (BIG), which also offers support via a hotline.
- In Germany and North America, you can use the signals for help described in our “Day 2 of 16 Days of Activism” story, by Angela A., to get help in an emergency.
- Americans living abroad can contact RAINN via its Online Hotline, and RAINN offers contact numbers for embassies and the State Department in case of emergency.
Call to Action
- Share this post on your social media.
- Donate to RAINN: 95 cents of every dollar goes to helping survivors and preventing sexual violence.
- Read the statement of rights for domestic violence survivors in Germany.